Wilson Charter School
Community Works Program at Wilson Charter School
The Community Works Afterschool Program registration is open.
A very important focus will also be placed on keeping up with your student’s Math and ELA skills. The students will take cultural field trips, enjoy educational performances, and participate in the culminating student exhibition and performance. You will also have the opportunity to participate in family activities and events!
Start Date: September 5th
Times: Monday – Thursday 3:30pm – 5:00pm
Fall Semester – $40.00
Spring Semester – $40.00
NOTE: Applicants will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. Registration must be completed in full along with the first month’s payment.
By submitting this registration form you agree to the following information:
1. ENROLLMENT: Registration is required before a child may participate in the Community Works Afterschool Program.
2. PROGRAM PARTCIPATION: Because this program is underwritten by funds from 21st Century Community Learning Center, children enrolled in the program must participate full time, 4 days/week, 3:30-5:00pm. As there are a very limited number of spaces available, participation requirements will be strictly enforced. Any child absent from the Community Works Program more than five times without a valid excuse will be dropped from the program and their space made available to a waiting child.
If your child elects to drop from the program at any time after the program begins, it is your responsibility to notify the Community Works Site Director, before your child’s last day of participation. You must also fill out a CWLA Student Drop Form which is available with the Site Director. You are responsible for full payment of the program fee for the month in which your child drops from the program – regardless of the last date of participation
3. STUDENT PICK-UP: Children must be picked up daily by 5:00pm. Parents who are late picking up their child will be charged $5 for the first minute and $1 per minute thereafter for every minute they are late (according the CWLA clock). If a parent is late three times, the student may be dropped from the program.
4. DISCIPLINE: The program is an extension of the school day. Therefore, we will follow the same discipline as the school. Disruptive or disrespectful behavior toward other students or staff will not be permitted and will be cause for dismissal from the program.
5. FEES: By completing this form I agree to pay the Community Works of Louisiana program fees.
Program Fee $40.00/semester
There is no credit for school absences, sick days, or suspensions. Payment may be made by cash, check, money order, or debit/credit card.
Please submit credit card payments online. Money Orders or Cash may be mail to 3900 General Taylor, New Orleans, LA 70125.