Homer A. Plessy
Community Works Before and Afterschool Program
The Community Works (CW) Afterschool Program will offer your child a chance to continue learning following the end of the school day. We will also be facilitating Beforeschool. We are excited to work alongside the Homer A. Plessy mission and families.
Open to All Grades
Start Date: August 19th Fee: $50.00/month
7:00am – 8:00am Mondays – Fridays
Open to All Grades
Start Date: August 19th – September 6th Fee: $150.00
4:00pm – 5:30 Mondays – Fridays 3:00 – 5:30 Wednesdays
Open to All Grades
Start Date: September 9th – EOSY
On behalf of Homer Plessy, Community Works has requested funding from 21st Century Community Learning Centers to run afterschool programming for the 2019-2020 school year. This programming would begin on September 9th and continue through the end of the school year. Depending on funding this program cost may range from free – $125.00/month. Those enrolled in afterschool during the month of August will have first priority. Additional, information will be provided.
Afterschool Programming will offer your child a chance to continue learning following the end of the school day. Students will have the opportunity to experience enrichment classes like Art, Music, Theater, Gardening, STEM, and much more! A very important focus will also be placed on assisting your student with Math and ELA skills.
ENROLLMENT: Registration is required before a student may participate in the program.
- Student Information
- CW Release
- Non-refundable payment (Cash / MO / Online)
PROGRAM PARTICIPATION: Afterschool Program attendance, dismissal, and behavior policies can be found listed below:
○ If a student is picked up earlier than 5:00 pm, without notice and reason, two (2) times or more a
semester, this student will be asked to un-enroll in program so the spot may be opened up for a student
that needs it.
○ If a student is picked up with notice and reason, before 5:00pm, three (3) times or more a semester, this
student will be asked to un-enroll in program so the spot may be opened up for a student that needs it.
○ If a student is not in attendance three (3) times or more a semester, this student will be asked to un-enroll
in program so the spot may be opened up for a student that needs it.
○ Students are expected to be respectful of all instructors and peers at all times. We understand that this is a long day at school, but the Afterschool Program is in no way an extension of their school day, it’s a fun learning experience where students can express themselves freely with classmates and new friends!
○ If a student needs to be spoken to about minor incidents five (5) times or more in a semester, this student will be asked to un-enroll in program so the spot may be opened up for another student that needs it.
○ If a student needs to be spoken to about a major incident that occurs during after school programming,there will be contact with parent/guardian, and a brief meeting to address behavior
○ If there is another occurrence of major incident after the meeting, this student will be asked to un-enroll in program so the spot may be opened up for another student that needs it. (Program fee will not be refunded.)
○ The CW staff will treat all parents and students with respect, kindness and patience. CW staff ask that all parents and guardians return this respect, kindness and patience. Please also speak with your child so they understands that he/she must treat fellow students and all staff members with respect, kindness and patience.
○ It is strictly prohibited any child to leave the premises without adult supervision.
○ It is strictly prohibited for any child to touch, push, hit, fight, use profanity or lewd language towards others. Fighting will result in an immediate one-day suspension from afterschool and potential removal program, per the Site Director’s discretion.
○ Depending on the severity of an incident the Site Director has full autonomy to suspend or remove a student from the program, immediately and the program fee will not be refunded.
- Students MUST be picked up by 5:30 pm daily
○ If a student is picked up after 5:30 pm one (1) time, there will be a warning
○ If a student is picked up after 5:30 pm two (2) times, parent/ guardian will need to communicate with
program staff and have a plan in place
○ If a student is picked up after 5:30 pm three (3) times, this student will be asked to un-enroll in program
so the spot may be opened up for another student that needs it.
○ If a student is not picked up by 6:00 pm on any occasion, and after school program staff has attempted contact with all emergency and authorized pick-up contacts, law enforcement will be contacted, and parent/guardian will need to pick up child at police station.
CW will make every reasonable effort to only release students to the person (s) designated by the parent/guardian on the registration form. Once a student is signed out by a parent/ guardian the CW Program is no longer responsible for that child. Parents must come into the designated area to sign-out students daily. If a student is to be released to anyone other than the person listed, the Site Director must be notified, directly. I.D. will be required if someone unfamiliar to CW staff arrives to pick up your student.
STUDENT TO INSTRUCTOR RATIO (or SUPPORTING STUDENTS WITH SPECIAL NEEDS): Community Works Programs inforce a 15:1 Student to Instructor ratio. If your student has one on one attention during the school day, please consider this while registering your child for afterschool. Regretfully, funding does not allow CW to hire additional staff to fill this need.
FEES: By registering you agree to pay all program fees associated with the CW Summer Program.
◻ Beforeschool $50.00 / month
◻ Afterschool $150.00 – August 19th – September 6th
CW does not provide any refunds. Fees are due in full at the start of the program. Payments may be made by money order to Community Works, cash, or online at www.communityworksla.org