Join Our Team
Are you interested in sharing your love of art, dance, STEM or more to the young people in our city? If bringing enrichment and education to young people is something you are interested in we would love to see how we partner with you as a CW team member.
- Passion for youth development
- Flexibility to meet students where they are at
- Connection + Mentorship between students, staff and admin
- Creativity in engaging and educational curriculum
- Youth Voice + Leadership within class culture
- Completion of Mandatory Reporting Certificate
- Completion of a Curriculum Planner
- Attendance at staff meetings
- Be prepared to implement your planned lessons/activities with students
- Assisting in breakfast/lunch/snack service and community time monitoring
- Maintain a daily attendance log
- Be able to create a fun and safe learning environment
- Be punctual! Arrival of at least 10 minutes before programming time begins
- Applicants must be prepared to answer and respond to email communications regularly
- All Enrichment disciplines are welcome to apply
- Previous youth work experience in some capacity is required
- Formal teaching experience is preferred but not required
- Background checks will be processed by CW. Background check findings will not automatically disqualify you from the hiring process.
- Reliable form of transportation is required.
- This position is contract work (1099 taxes)
- Pay rate for in-person work starts at $20-25 for direct service, planning, and professional developments and goes up from there depending on program and position.
- Pay day is at the end of each month either via direct deposit or check.
- Program staff will be expected to comply with all covid procedures in place by CW + partner schools.
- CW will organize/lead professional developments for instructors to attend including: racial equity, curriculum planning, youth engagement, inclusion, and more.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please complete the application by following the link below. From there, a Community Works team member will reach out to set up an interview!